‘CURATOR CURATOR’ is a series of exhibition projects by upcoming curators in the presentation space of The Higher Institute of Fine Arts (HISK)
Location: HISK, Ghent, Belgium
Organisation: Maarten Vanden Eynde, Maaike Gouwenberg
Publication: DOWNLOAD CC Catalogue
‘CURATOR CURATOR’ offered the following:
- The possibility to do studio visits at the only post-graduate art academy in Belgium and include work of one or more of the students matching the exhibition concept.
- A working and building up period of two weeks in collaboration with the selected artist(s) followed by an official opening with reception.
- An exhibition running for one month after the opening.
- The possibility to work together with one of the master students Graphic Design of the Sint Lucas Institute in Ghent in order to come up with a matching invitation.
12 September - 12 Oktober 2008: Karolin Tampere (NO); 'WALL TOT WALL'
solo show with the Icelandic artist Egill Sæbjörnsson.
7 November - 23 November 2008: Lorenzo Bruni (IT); 'What is my name?'
Project on the incommunicability of the present communication
6 Februari - 15 March 2009: 'Towards Confluence'
a collaboration between Remco de Blaaij (NL) and Kamila Wielebska (PL).
21 June - 12 July 2009: Adnan Yildiz (TR) 'Time Challenger'
An exhibition about critical reconstruction.
25 September - 18 Oktober 2009: Jens Maier-Rothe (DE); 'After All, Everything Is Different In The End'
- Sound Of Critique 03: Simultaneity